- A feature on The Two Widows during STV's 5.30 show and an interview with Jonathan Mills on their news program
- A feature which included footage of Class Enemy and Jidariyya on the BBC news
- A story about the Usher Hall being ready and open for business on BBC Radio Scotland's Newsdrive and a Festival opening story on their Lunchtime News
- Stories about the Festival opening on BBC Radio Manchester, Galaxy 105, Forth One, Westsound, BBC Radio Northamptonshire and Borders Radio
- And BBC Radio Scotland also included interviews with Jonathan Mills, Giselle Allen and Hannah Gordon
There was a very large picture of Jonathan Mills sweeping the Festival Theatre stage on page 4 of The Times yesterday and the accompanying article also focused on the EIF's enhanced internet presence this year (hear hear!). There was a newstory about this year's increased ticket sales on the BBC website and a quirky story about Jonathan Mills on the Scotsman website. During this frenzy of press coverage media relations manager Susie Burnet has maintained a calm exterior throughout. She said: 'It's fantastic to at last get things underway after all the months of planning. It makes it all incredibly worth it.'